The Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association's Organic Farmer Loan Fund is intended particularly to help organic farmers working on establishing a credit history for their farms.
Loans, generally in amounts of $5,000 to $20,000, may be used for working capital or farm equipment, and will be available to: MOFGA-certified organic farmers; farmers transitioning to organic production; and current participants and graduates of MOFGA’s Journeyperson Program.
A complete application will consist of the following:
- Bangor Savings Bank Business Loan Application
- Bangor Savings Bank Customer Identification Policy (CIP) Forms (2) and Questionnaire for Business Entity
- Bangor Savings Bank Personal Financial Statement Form
- Profit and loss form
- A projected budget for the upcoming production season of sales and categorized expenses for your business including a breakdown of expenses for the entire project being financed, anticipated additional sources of financing and the total project cost
- Trade Reference Sheet. If unavailable, please send three letters of reference.
- Copies of the last two years federal tax forms.
Download our current application letter and checklist (pdf, 30k)
Download the application packet (pdf, 500k).
Please contact us to find out if we are currently accepting applications. Call 207-568-4142 or send an email to email@example.com.
If you are looking for a smaller loan for your farm or food business, the No Small Potatoes Investment Club makes loans of up to $5,000. Go to their website for more information: www.nosmallpotatoesinvestmentclub.com
Special thanks to NOFA-Vermont for pioneering the way!