Accommodation Suggestions for the Common Ground Country Fair
The following list includes a wide range of accommodation options for vendors, volunteers and fairgoers. Neither MOFGA nor the Common Ground Country Fair assumes any responsibility for reservations, accommodations or overall experiences at any of the establishments listed below. Any business relationship established between any vendor, exhibitor, volunteer or fairgoer, and any proprietor of any listed establishment is made independently of MOFGA and the Common Ground Country Fair.
All phone numbers have a 207 area code unless otherwise indicated.
Camping Within a Few Miles of MOFGA's Common Ground Country Fair Grounds
(listed by proximity to MOFGA)
- Farwell’s Corner Campground - RV, tent or camper and for those wishing to stay at the Fair for the weekend. Located 1.25 miles from MOFGA's fairgrounds at 479 Town Farm Road in Unity. You can walk, bike or take the mini-shuttle to the Fair. The rate is $21 per night. Call 207-418-5437 to reserve your site.
- Bioregional Conservancy Retreat (BCRT) – Thorndike. Three minutes from the Fair grounds. Camping, pasture for horses and other large animals available upon request. RVs welcome. Visitors are welcome to participate in farm chores --milking, feeding, gardening, construction etc. – if they are looking to have a farm experience. Reservations are requested, ask for Roger or Martina. Phone: 207-568-3139. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Camp/Cottage on Unity Pond. 3 miles from the Fair located on Horseback Road on Unity Pond. Sleeps up to 8 people. Ask for Linda. Phone: 207-948-8067 or 207-314-1218. E-mail: email@example.com
- Guesthouse in Unity - 4 miles from fairground. Common Ground Fair 2017 – $120 a night 2 people, $10 additional person, 3 night min. Guesthouse: 2 stories, on 100+ acres. 2 bedrooms plus loft, sleeps 1-8, full bath, kitchen, heat, wifi, Hills-to-Sea hiking trails. Rates start at $55 for 1 person, $65 for couple. Available May-Oct. Photos: http://tinyurl.com/zwrcomc. Contact Julia, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, 909-621-0720.
- Home with Land in Unity. On Route 202 in Unity, 562 Albion Rd. Campsites for primitive camping and self-contained campers. Ask for Jolean Tupper. Phone: 207-948-3263.
- Cabin - Thorndike, ME. Brand new cabin (2015) with a full bath, sitting area and 2 bedrooms; which sleep a total of four people. Ask for Martha Laitin. Phone: 948-2815 (home) or 323-2368 (cell). Website: www.thorndikecabin.com
- Yurt for rent 15 mins from fairgrounds in North Montville. Ask for Kim or Glen Widmer. Phone: 382-6034. Website: www.gooseridgeyurts.com. E-mail: email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hidden Valley - North Montville- 12 miles. Affordable small cabins and tipis with continental breakfast on 350 acres with trails, meadows, hot tub, tennis and farm animals. Phone: 207-342-5177. Website: https://www.airbnb.com/s/hidden-valley-maine?ss_id=qgo5ghio
- Friends Camp – affordable overnight lodging/tenting with breakfast and dinner. 729 Lakeview Drive (Route 202) South China, Maine. Friends Camp is 19 miles from MOFGA. Reservations begin after August 9th. Phone: 207-445-2361. Website: http://friendscamp.org/common-ground-fair-weekend-the-third-weekend-after-labor-day/. E-mail: email@example.com
- Large cottage can sleep up to 5 people with extra sleeping bunks in the carriage house. Convenient to fairgrounds off Rt. 220. Contact Kay or Hurley for reservations. Phone: 207-631-1023. Website: http://wildernesscabin.org
- Green Valley Campground – Vassalboro. Phone: 207-923-3000. Website: www.greenvalleycampground.us or www.grnvly.com
- Summer home, 3 miles from MOFGA on Lake Winnecook (Unity pond). Two bedrooms (1 queen and 1 double), kitchen, living room, bath, and screened porch overlooking the lake. Non Smoking and no pets. Full for 2016 Fair. Phone: 207-745-2932. E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
- RV site with patio, electricity, and water hookup. Located approx. 3 miles from MOFGA on Lake Winnecook (Unity pond). Phone: 207-745-2932. E-mail:email@example.com
- Sunset Pines Cottages – on China Lake in China (18.2mi from MOFGA). There are four, fully equipped, lake side cottages with each sleeping 4-6 people. For more information please leave your name, number and a detailed message. Phone: 207-968-2197. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact: Judi or Lance Gilman.
Accommodations in Waldo County & the Midcoast Area
For additional help, call the Belfast Area Chamber of Commerce at 207-338-5900
Accommodations in Montville/Searsport
(30-40mins from Fair grounds, 5-10mins North of Belfast)
- Sweet Cape: Charming 200-year-old restored house in Montville sleeps 6 (2 doubles, 2 singles) is for rent @ $500/week in September. Fun, safe area for kids. Nice, big, simple kitchen. -- South Montville – Contact Emily.Phone: 917-497-3674.Website: www.summerrental.webuda.com/rental/home.html
- House for rent: ask for Emily (as above).Phone: 917-497-3674.
- Loon Lookout Cottages - Swanville.Phone: 338-1260.Website: www.loonlookout.com
- Yardarm Motel - Searsport.Phone: 548-2404.Website: www.searsportmaine.com
- Searsport Shores Campground.Phone: 207-548-6059.Website: www.campocean.com.Email: email@example.com
Accommodations in Waterville Area
(approximately 1/2 hour from Unity)
For additional help contact the Waterville Area Chamber of Commerce at 207-873-3315
Waterville/Fairfield (~30 min. west)
(~40-50 Minutes West)
Skowhegan and Dexter
(~50 min. Northwest and North)
Accommodations in Bangor Area
(~ 45 minutes from Unity)
For additional help contact the Bangor Area Chamber of Commerce at 207-947-0307
(~ 1.5 hours from Fairgrounds)
- Applewood Boarding Kennel - 174 Bangor Rd, Benton.Phone: 453-5959.
- It’s Raining Cats & Dogs – closed Wednesdays - 340 Albion Road, Benton.Phone: 207-453-9490.Website:www.raining-cats-dogs.com.
- Green Acres Kennel Shop - Bangor.Phone: 945-6841.Website:www.greenacreskennel.com.
- Fresh Air Dogs - Guilford.Phone: 564-2604.Website:www.freshairdogs.com.