Each year, the Common Ground Country Fair (CGCF) takes place on the third weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) after Labor Day. The following guidelines apply to all people attending the Fair in any capacity.
- The CGCF does not permit pets on the fairgrounds or in the Fair parking areas. Animals tied to trees or cars, or left within vehicles (whether locked or not), may be removed by the local animal control officer.
- Smoking is prohibited in the following areas of the Fair: the Children's Area; the shuttle and wagon rides; the food preparation and service area; all buildings including barns and all tents.
- Fair participants may not build fires without written permission from the CGCF office.
- The CGCF strictly enforces Maine laws prohibiting public drinking of alcohol and use of illegal drugs on the fairgrounds and in the Fair parking lots.
- The CGCF prohibits from the fairgrounds audio and video devices audible to the general public unless they are part of a CGCF-approved demonstration.
- Fair participants may not feed livestock or other display animals unless they are tending their own animals.
- Fair participants may not litter.
- Fair participants may not bring skateboards, bicycles or other unauthorized wheeled vehicles on the fairgrounds.
- The CGCF office assumes no liability for damage to or loss of personal property.