Agricultural Demonstrations Area Guidelines
Purpose: The Agricultural Demonstrations tent is open to individuals and organizations furthering sustainable agriculture and strengthening rural communities. The emphasis is on teaching and demonstrating rural skills, strengthening rural economies and communities, and organization building and networking.
- The Agricultural Demonstration area is an educational, not commercial, venue. No sales are permitted in the area.
- Organization-building activities such as mailing list sign-ups are permitted. Free literature may be distributed. Donations may be accepted but active fund-raising schemes are not acceptable.
- Participants are divided into two categories: 1)Those who are on hand primarily to promote their organization and its programs, although they may also engage in some educational activities. 2) Those who attend primarily to demonstrate or educate people in specific rural skills, although they may also represent an organization.
- There are no booth fees or stipends for those participating, except for those giving scheduled talks.
- Exhibitors primarily promoting organizations will receive up to 9 complimentary passes (3 per day, as needed) to the Fair/booth, but not the volunteer benefits of t-shirts and meal passes.
- Exhibitors primarily engaged in educating and demonstrating will receive volunteer benefits of up to 3 t-shirts, up to 6 meal passes, plus up to 9 complimentary passes (as needed) to the Fair/booth.
- The Area Coordinators shall determine into which category each exhibitor fits.
- In the event of space shortage, preference goes to those actively educating and/or demonstrating rural skills.
- All tables should be tended during all Fair hours all three days. The area coordinators will permit exceptions with good cause.
Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association (MOFGA)
Common Ground Country Fair
PO Box 170
Unity, ME 04988